Sour Cream Biscuits
Adapted from Melissa d’Arabian
- 4 tablespoons butter, cubed and frozen for 15 – 20 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons buttermilk, heavy cream, or half and half (may not be needed)
Heat your oven to 425 degrees and line a half sheet pan with parchment.
Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, oregano, and salt in the food processor and pulse a few times. Add the frozen butter and pulse until the mixture looks like crumbly like wet sand. Add the sour cream and pulse until the dough comes together. If your dough is still dry and crumbly, sprinkle the dough with the buttermilk (heavy cream or half and half) a teaspoon at a time and process just until the dough comes together.
Turn the dough out onto your prepared sheet pan and pat it into a thick circle, about 4 inches across. Using a bench scraper, cut the dough into 6 wedges and spread them out on your sheet pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.